Beef is an affordable meal option for families.
With so many different cuts to choose from and a plethora of flavor options, beef is a great choice for dinner and an excellent source of iron.
There are so many beef recipes available to choose from, allowing you to create meals that your whole family is sure to enjoy without breaking the bank.
Delicious Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta
This recipe is both kid-friendly and easy to reheat, making it the perfect meal for families on the go.
The creamy cheese sauce makes this recipe a crowd- pleaser, and the addition of peppers makes it a healthy and nutritious meal for everyone.
A simple salad on the side means that dinner is served in one pan in under 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 15 mins • Total Time: 40 mins • 4 Servings
- 1lb. lean ground beef
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 peppers (green, orange, or red) diced
- 1 can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
In a large-sized skillet, cook beef over the medium heat until no longer pink and then drain and set aside.
Cook bacon until crisp and place on a paper towel to remove excess grease.
Drain pasta and add to skillet.
Next, stir in the soup, water, beef, bacon, and peppers and heat through.
Remove from the heat and add cheese, stirring to mix it consistently.
One-Pot Beef Dinner
This fantastic family favorite is easy to whip up and only requires one pot.
It is full of flavor and quick to make. With colorful tomatoes, crisp celery, and juicy green peppers, this a great summertime dinner for those long, hot days.
While leftovers of this dish are amazing, don’t count on having any. Your family will gobble this up and be begging for more.
Prep Time: 30-40 minutes • 4 servings
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil
- Salt and pepper
- cups egg noodles
- 1 can (12oz) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (14 oz) stewed tomatoes, Italian flavor (if possible)
- 1 cup beef broth
Cook beef, celery, and green peppers over medium heat in a large skillet.
Add Worcestershire sauce, basil, and pepper. Season to taste.
Stir in the noodles.
Add the beans and tomatoes, stirring to combine.
Add in the water and bouillon, mixing thoroughly.
Bring the stew to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve with fresh rolls and enjoy.
Oh-So Cheesy Mexican Beef Casserole
This amazing Mexican beef casserole is a great meal for parties or picnics.
It can be made in minutes and eaten as a meal or a dip.
It refrigerates well and tastes even better later.
The chile peppers give it a slight kick but are not overpowering.
Try out this terrific recipe with your family and you may just find your new favorite.
Prep Time: 30 mins • 6 Servings
- 1-2 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (8oz) black or kidney beans, drained
- ½ cup Picante sauce
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 – 16 oz can Italian flavored tomatoes, diced, undrained
- 1 – 8 oz can of green chiles, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, sharp or old
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 package plain or nacho flavor tortilla chips, crushed
- Sour cream and cubed avocado for serving
- Cook beef and onion over the medium heat in a large skillet until beef is no longer pink, crumbling beef as it cooks. Drain.
- Mix in beans, Picante sauce, and chili powder.
- Combine tomatoes, green chiles, and soup, in a medium bowl.
- Using a greased baking dish, layer half the chips, the beef mixture, the soup mixture, and the cheese.
- Repeat the layers and top with even more cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with avocado cubes and serve with sour cream.
- You can also serve with extra tortilla chips for dipping.
Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Tender beef and nutritious vegetables all in one pot make this meal perfect for the dog days of summer.
Use veggies from your garden to make this meal even more special and add delicious flavor that is sure to delight.
This meal is perfect for families and is so easy to make.
It takes no time at all and it is all made in one pot, saving both time and dishes.
The crisp broccoli and tender beef make for a mouth-watering meal everyone will adore.
Prep Time: 20 minutes • 4 Servings
- small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 lb. boneless beef top round steak, cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, toss beef with 2 tbsp of cornstarch and water.
- Mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and the remaining cornstarch with water until smooth.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Fry beef until browned, approximately 2-3 minutes, and remove from pan.
- Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil over medium-high heat in the same pan for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture to the pan and cook until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Serve over rice and enjoy.
Beef Tenderloin in Mushroom Sauce
Sunday dinner doesn’t need to take all day to make.
In fact, with little effort, you can create a spectacular meal that the whole family will love.
Fresh mushrooms, tender beef, and a few simple ingredients work together to create a fantastic meal for your family in less than an hour.
Try out this recipe and watch as your family and friends wonder how you had the time to make it.
Prep Time: 10 mins • Total Time: 30-35 mins • 4 Servings
- cup chicken or beef broth
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- Dash pepper
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp of butter and oil over medium heat.
- Cook meat to the desired doneness. 4-5 minutes per side for medium.
- Remove the meat from the pan and keep warm, saving the drippings.
- Heat drippings and remaining butter over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and green onion, cooking until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper, and mix until well blended, gradually mixing in broth.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened.
- Pour over steaks and serve with your desired side dish.