Chicken rice soup is found in every country and culture. In the traditional Middle Eastern recipe, rice, parsley, and nutmeg are added to chicken broth and simmered until rice is cooked. The resulting soup has a unique delicious flavour.
- 1 medium Chicken
- 8 cups Water
- 1 tsp Salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 1/3 cup Rice
- 2 Tbsp Parsley, finely chopped
- 6 to 8 Pepper Corns
- Wash the chicken and place in a large saucepan and add water. Bring to a boil slowly while removing the scum that forms as the water approaches boiling point using a perforated Utensil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat and add 1 teaspoon salt, the pepper corns, and the nutmeg. Cover the pan and cook on MODERATE heat for 40 to 50 minutes or until cooked. Add water as needed.
- Transfer the chicken to an oven tray for a quick grill.
- Adjust the amount of liquid in the broth by adding boiled water as required. Check the seasoning and adjust as needed. Bring to the boil.
- Add the rice and a dash of nutmeg and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- Add the parsley and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Check the taste and adjust salt and spices as required.
- Serve with the chicken, bread, and a side of green salad.
This chicken rice soup has a unique delicious flavour.
Fore more best recipes click here