Crispy smashed golden potatoes with a super simple and flavorful lemon garlic yogurt dip. It’s a match made in heaven, and your new favorite side dish to spice up any dinner!
I absolutely love a fun veggie side dish to bring a little life to any dinner! A good healthy side dish can bring so much flavor, texture, and variety to a meal. These crispy smashed potatoes do exactly that, and I am obsessed!
This recipe is gluten free, grain free, and nut free. It’t simple, comforting, and adds the best crunch and satisfaction to your dinner plate.
The lemon yogurt garlic dip is to die for! I would honestly eat this with so many other veggies, too. It is SO delicious!
The dip is made with:
- Greek yogurt
- Lemon Juice
- Salt + pepper
That’s it! Doesn’t get much more simple than that. You just whip it up quickly while you wait for your potatoes to roast, and you’re set.
The potatoes themselves are simple to make as well! They just need a quick boil to cook, then they get smashed with a jar/glass before heading to the oven to get nice and crispy! While the potatoes are roasting, you can make your dip and any other sides/mains you are serving with the potatoes. I love these with chicken or salmon and asparagus for a simple and nourishing meal.
One bite of these crispy, crunchy golden potatoes and you’ll be hooked!! They are my new favorite, and I cannot wait for you guys to try these out! They’ll be a family favorite in no time–trust me!!
The best simple, healthy, and comfort-food side dish to add to any weeknight dinner 🙂
Can I make these vegan?
The potatoes themselves can be made vegan by swapping out the butter with vegan butter (or just another tablespoon of olive oil in a pinch). However, I have not tested making the dip vegan. While there are plenty of vegan yogurt options out there, I find they sometimes can affect the taste of savory dishes. Sometimes they work, sometimes they add too much sweetness or coconut flavor (if made from coconut) to the recipe. You can definitely experiment though, and let me know if you have success! 🙂
Can I use any type of potato?
I recommend using baby gold potatoes for this recipe, but you can also make this using baby red potatoes! I prefer smaller baby potatoes for this recipe to help them get nice and crispy, and they also cook faster!
If you love this recipe, you’ll also love:
If you give these a try, be sure to leave a rating and comment below, and give me a tag on Instagram stories so I can see what you made! 🙂 I can’t wait to hear what you think of these crispy smashed potatoes with the best ever lemon yogurt dip!!
- 1.5 lbs baby gold potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- Optional for garnish: fresh chives or parsley, finely chopped; flakey sea salt
For the Yogurt Dip
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened Greek yogurt
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Carefully add the potatoes to the pot, and boil until cooked and fork tender (about 20-25 minutes).
- Drain potatoes, and allow to drain for 5 minutes to dry.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the potatoes to the parchment paper, using the bottom of a jar or glass to smash the potatoes thin, while still leaving them in one piece. The thinner you smash them, the crispier they will be. If they stick to the bottom of the glass, just carefully peel them off.
- Drizzle the potatoes with the olive oil and melted butter, then season well with salt and pepper. If you want some spice, sprinkle with cayenne powder. Roast the potatoes for 40-50 minutes, or until crispy.
- While potatoes are roasting, mix all yogurt dip ingredients together. Taste and adjust seasoning or lemon if needed. Set in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle roasted potatoes with chopped parsley or chives and flakey sea salt (optional), serve with yogurt dip and enjoy!