A gorgeous summery pizza made with an almond flour, yogurt, and tapioca starch pizza crust base. No yeast, super simple, and quick! The crust is crunchy, delicious, and nutrient-dense. I am SO in love with this gluten free pizza!
This pizza crust is higher in protein, fiber, and healthy fats than your average crust. This makes it a much more balanced, well-rounded, and less refined option for pizza. Plus, it tastes SO good! You won’t even miss the gluten/refined flours, additives, etc.
Impress your guests, significant other, family, or friends with this pizza! 🙂 When my husband first tried this, he was so shocked when I told him it was made from almond flour and yogurt. It’s just that good! So satisfying, and the flavor and texture are spot on!
Once you mix the crust dough, you’ll roll and shape it and give it a quick bake. After it baked for about 15 minutes, you add your toppings! I like to line up my zucchini as pictured below, but don’t worry about being perfect! You could also add additional veggies you love, or a (pre-cooked) protein if you’d like!
The zucchini, tomato sauce, and arugula pair perfectly together for a light, fresh, and nourishing summery combination. SO yummy!
The burrata cheese really takes this pizza to the next level. You’ll add it once the pizza is done, and once it warms through for a few minutes, you’ll slice the pizza and let the magic happen. The burrata will spread to each slice, and leave you with creamy cheesy HEAVEN. If you wanted, you could also sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top!
As always, I recommend keeping the ingredient list as is! Making any substitutions that are not listed will likely result in a different texture pizza crust/final result.
This pizza is grain free, gluten free, and full of wholesome ingredients. The combination of zucchini, arugula, and burrata cheese is out of this world good. I cannot get enough! We will 100% be making this pizza all summer long, and I’m already dying to make more topping combos with the crust!
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this gluten free no yeast pizza! Be sure to leave a rating and review if you make this recipe 🙂 It means so much to me, and it’s so helpful to other readers as well! Enjoy! xo
For the crust
- 1 + 1/2 cups almond flour (more, as needed)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup plain unsweetened Greek-style yogurt of choice (for dairy free I use this or this one)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp of water (if needed)
For the toppings
- Pizza sauce
- 1 zucchini, very thinly sliced
- 2 cups of arugula
- 1 ball of burrata cheese
- Salt + pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, tapioca flour, Italian seasonings, garlic, salt, and baking powder until well mixed.
- Mix in the remaining wet ingredients, besides the tbsp of water. Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to mix everything a bit, then use clean hands to knead the dough and get everything well-combined and no crumbs remain. Be patient- it may take a minute or two. If dough is very sticky, sprinkle in more almond flour as needed. If dough is dry and hard to incorporate, add the tbsp of water. This will depend on the brand of yogurt used.
- Turn the dough out onto a piece of parchment paper and sprinkle with a little almond flour. Lay another piece of parchment on top of the dough and using a rolling pin (or use a bottle of wine, a big jar, whatever you have!), roll the dough out into about a 12- or 14-inch circle about 1/4″ thick.
- Remove the top parchment paper and use your hands to slightly raise the edges of the crust and form into a neater circle.
- Carefully transfer to a pizza stone or large baking sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden.
- Add pizza sauce and zucchini slices, plus a little salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes (optional). Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until toppings and crust are cooked to your preference. Let rest a few minutes*, then add your arugula, burrata, and a drizzle of olive oil. Slice, serve, and enjoy!