Super simple Instant Pot Healthy White Chicken Chili! Cozy, nutrient-dense, SO easy to make, and full of flavor. The best warming bowl for a meal-prepped lunch, or a throw-together dinner!
This chicken chili is packed with juicy shredded chicken, beans, corn, and some bell pepper. It’s made creamy using Greek-style yogurt, for a healthy and protein-packed dish. It makes the best cold-weather meal (although I can definitely eat this year round, as I am currently eating a bowl in 80 degree weather lol)!
You will not believe how easy this chicken chili is to make. You’ll need and Instant Pot Pressure Cooker for this recipe. Please note, I have not tested this recipe in a slow cooker!
I highly recommend ordering an Instant Pot if you’ve been considering it. This post is not sponsored in any way, but I just feel it is a great kitchen appliance for making quick and easy meals! It’s a great tool to have if you’re someone who likes to meal prep a lot, too!
This white chicken chili is healthy, gluten free, soy free, and nut free. It’s something the whole family will enjoy, and also a perfect meal for football Sunday! It is SO good- I just know you guys are going to love this meal!
It’s super filling and satisfying, and made mostly with a handful of pantry staples. Lately, I’ve been keeping the pantry stocked with the ingredients I need for this, because I just don’t get sick of it! And, it is SO easy to throw together after a busy day. You truly just dump everything into the pressure cooker, click a few buttons, and you’re set!
Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Try these out:
I can’t wait to hear what you guys think of this nourishing White Chicken Chili. Be sure to let me know if you give this one a try by leaving a star rating and comment below! And, as always, be sure to tag me on Instagram stories so I can see your recipe recreations! 🙂
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper (any color), diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1.50 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable or chicken broth (**use 2 cups if you want it to be more soupy)
- 1 (15 oz) can Great Northern white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn*
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 (4 oz) can diced mild green chiles
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (or sub sour cream)
- Fresh lime juice
- Shredded cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Hot sauce
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Set your Instant Pot to the sauté setting. Once hot, add the olive oil, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Stir, and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all of your other ingredients BESIDES the yogurt to your instant pot. Give everything a good stir, then place lid on Instant Pot and set to Pressure cook on HIGH for 20 minutes. When the 20 minutes are up, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then (carefully) manually release the remaining steam.
- Remove the chicken breasts onto a plate, and use 2 forks to shred the chicken. Stir the chicken back in along with the Greek yogurt until well-combined. Serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and toppings of choice. Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 4 days, or frozen for up to 1 month.