No-cook rainbow noodle salad packed with veggies, “miracle” noodles, and the best simple Asian-inspired dressing. Plus, it’s vegan and gluten free!
A simple, light, and fresh noodle salad! Made with crunchy cabbage coleslaw mix, miracle noodles, and refreshing cucumber. Plus, the best dressing made from gluten free soy sauce, lime, fresh squeeze orange, and a few other simple ingredients!
This salad is perfect for a summer weekend at the lake or backyard BBQ, and easy weeknight dinner, or a simple lunch to meal prep for the week!
This rainbow noodle salad is everything the name implies! It’s filled with bright colors, and the perfect combo of noodles and veggies. It’s filling and nutrient-dense, without being heavy. You can toss in any protein you love! Tofu, chicken, salmon, shrimp, ground chicken or ground turkey, or even steak. They are all SO delicious in this salad, and once you add a protein you have a complete and well-balanced meal.
I have been throwing together some variation of this for a couple weeks now. I decided to finally nail the measurements down for you guys, because I knew this would be a recipe you would love!
One of the best parts about this recipe is that it takes minimal prep. You’ll need some coleslaw mix, miracle noodles (which require no cooking!), and the only veggies you’ll need to prep are the cucumber and green onion. So easy! Plus, any protein you’d like to make with the salad!
For the easy dressing you’ll need:
- Gluten free soy sauce
- 1 orange
- 1 lime
- Rice vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Avocado oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Black pepper
So simple, and SO good. The orange and lime work perfectly together, and help to balance out the salty flavors of soy sauce. Everything just pairs so well together!
The flavor combinations are heavenly, and this salad has all the best textures and crunch to make it super satisfying and never boring. No boring salads over here, ever!!
I am so excited to hear what you guys think of this one 🙂 Enjoy and be sure to leave a rating and comment below once you give this a try!! xo
For the dressing
- 1/3 cup gluten free soy sauce (or tamari)
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- Juice of 1 large orange
- Juice of 1 lime, plus more for serving
- Zest of 1/2 lime (or more, to taste)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Dash of black pepper
For the salad
- 16 oz miracle noodles (or sub any gluten free spaghetti-style noodle), drained*
- 2 (10-oz) bags of coleslaw mix
- 1/2 of a large cucumber, julienne sliced
- 7 green onions, diced
- 1/3 cup peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 of an avocado, diced
- Optional: protein of choice (tofu, chicken, salmon, shrimp, ground turkey, or steak all work great)
- Start by whisking all dressing ingredients together in a bowl or jar. Add as much red pepper flakes as you’d like, depending on spice preference. Set aside.
- In a very large bowl, add your drained noodles and 1 bag of slaw. Mix together, then pour the dressing over and mix again. Mix in your cucumber. Once veggies have broken down a bit from the dressing, add your second bag of coleslaw and toss once more.
- Add crushed peanuts, avocado, and protein of choice (optional) before serving. Leftovers can be stores in an airtight container for up to 3 days (don’t add avocado until ready to serve).