Easy crispy baked tofu made with tortilla chips for a simple gluten free breading! The perfect addition to salads, nourish bowls, or with any veggies you’ve got on hand. These are even amazing in a wrap- think vegan caesar wraps or vegan buffalo wraps! Yes please.
My absolute favorite way to make tofu currently! It’s crispy, crunchy, and so satisfying. Plus it makes a good-sized batch for easy leftovers- I just reheat in the oven or air fryer for a quick crunchy protein addition to lunch or dinner!
I am so obsessed with these tofu nuggets- I honestly think I’ll be making these once a week! The perfect addition to lunch or dinner for some plant-based protein.
The breading mixture is made from tortilla chips and almond flour (or regular flour) for a light and crispy gluten free coating. It’s so simple and the perfect texture!
I served mine with a brussel sprout and avocado salad with a drizzle of buffalo sauce here. Kind of random, but SO freaking good!!
There are so many fun and delish way to serve this- I can’t wait to see what meals you all make with this epic gluten free crispy baked tofu! It’s so good- I know you guys will love it 🙂
Be sure to leave a rating and comment below if you give this a try- it’s so helpful to me and other readers! And tag me on Instagram so I can see your remakes. It makes me day! Enjoy! xo
- 2 blocks of extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (or sub gluten free soy sauce)
For the breading:
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips (measure after crushing in blender)
- 1/4 cup almond flour (can sub gluten free all purpose flour)
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch (can sub corn starch)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Dash of black pepper
- Optional: cayenne, to taste, for spicy nuggets
- Press out some of the liquid from the tofu using clean kitchen towels or paper towels. Cut tofu into cubes and lay flat on a plate. Sprinkle with the coconut aminos and set aside.
- Make your breading by crushing tortilla chips in a blender then mixing in a shallow bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Preheat 400°F oven to and generously grease a baking pan.
- Dip each tofu cube into the breading on all sides, then lay each cube on the greased baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip, and bake for another 20 minutes. Serve with desired sauce and sides or on a wrap and enjoy! Reheat leftovers in the oven at 400°F or in the air fryer until crispy and heated through.