The most perfect Fall pizza! Made with your favorite gluten free pizza crust, ricotta, kale, sweet potato, red onion, and melty cheese. It tastes exactly as heavenly as it sounds, if you’re wondering. This pizza is seriously DREAMY!
I cannot get over this pizza- I have been so excited to share it with you all. Its the ultimate combination of Fall flavors, all wrapped up into one delicious pizza.
It was inspired by the Tru Food Kitchen butternut squash pizza that is always on their Fall/Winter menu. I have to say…I like this one even more! Sweet potato is so much easier to prep than butternut squash, and I just think it adds the perfect flavor to this pizza. The kale and red onion are the perfect touch, and the ricotta pairs so well with the melty Italian cheese.
You can make any gluten free pizza crust that you love for this recipe! The amount of toppings you will need will depend on the pizza that your crust makes, but I gave some general measurements! With pizza, there’s no need to be perfect 🙂 Just add your desired amount of toppings/cheese that you prefer, and bake until your crust it cooked to your liking and the cheese is nice and melty!
I can’t wait to see all of your recreations of this one! Be sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see 🙂 Enjoy! xo
Fall Pizza with Sweet Potato, Kale, and Ricotta
A delicious Autumn pizza with sweet potato, red onion, kale, ricotta, and melty cheese. The best flavor combination, and so easy to make!
- Gluten free pizza crust of choice (I used this one)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- ~ 1/4 of a red onion, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1–2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of shredded Italian blend cheese (plus more, as needed)
- 2 handfuls of thinly sliced kale
- Ricotta, about 3-4 oz
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss thinly sliced sweet potato and red onion in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread out on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until soft. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Make pizza crust according to directions on packaging/recipe for the crust you are making.
- When it is time to add your toppings after the first bake of the crust, spread the top of the crust with olive oil and minced garlic. Sprinkle on about half of the shredded cheese, then add the roasted sweet potato and red onion (you may not end up using all of it) and the chopped kale. Add some dollops of ricotta on the toppings, then sprinkle with remaining cheese (if you feel like you need more cheese than called for, feel free to add more). Return to oven and bake according to your pizza crust instructions. Optional: broil at then end for 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese (be careful not to burn!). Serve with red pepper flakes and enjoy!