PREPARATION: 30 MIN
COOKING: 1 H 10 MIN
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Olive oil
- 1 lb (454 g) ground turkey
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 can 796 ml (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can 19 oz (540 ml) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) ketchup
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
- 25 g (3 tbsp.) Chili seasoning
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground coriander
- 10 g (1/4 cup) fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Lime juice
- 200 g (7 oz) grated edam or mild cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, soften the celery, carrots, onion and pepper in the oil.
- Add the turkey and cook, crumbling it with a wooden spoon until golden. Add the sweet potato, tomatoes, beans, ketchup, mustard and spices. Mix and bring to a boil.
Cover and simmer 30 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender. Salt and pepper. Add cilantro, green onions and lime juice.
- Put the grill at the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (400 ° F).
- Divide into a 28 x 20 cm (11 x 8 in) baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Freeze at this stage, if desired.
- Bake 20 minutes (45 minutes if chili has been frozen) or until cheese begins to brown.