My mom’s famous trail mix cookies, finally on the blog! My mom has been making these amazing cookies for so many years now- everyone who tries them is obsessed!
I, of course, had to put my own little twist on them to make them a bit lower in sugar 😉 BUT they are just as delicious, I promise! I think these are about to be a new favorite cookie for a lot of you!
These cookies just so happen to be flourless, and they are made with simple and wholesome ingredients!
I love how allergy-friendly these cookies are! These trail mix cookies are:
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Grain free/paleo
- Nut free
- Soy free (just double check your chocolate chips)
This makes them the best cookies to make for a group, a classroom, any party, etc. Everyone will be able to enjoy them, and everyone will love them! They make the best healthyish cookie option.
These cookies pack in some good fiber, and are made with healthy fats. You don’t need any flour, refined sugar, oils, or super processed ingredients. My kind of cookie!!
These couldn’t be easier to make either! You just throw all of the ingredients into a bowl at once and give it a good mix! If you have a standing mixer, you can use that, too! Then you just scoop the dough, shape it a bit, and bake!
Enjoy with a cup of coffee, tea, or a glass of oat milk (my personal fave). They’re also amazing crumbled on top of a bowl of ice cream 😉
The combination of sunflower butter and the dried fruit is just perfect. Once you try these, you will understand! I swear they are almost impossible to stop eating!
**Note: sometimes sunflower butter turns green when baked- if this happens don’t worry! It’s natural and nothing to be worried about!
I am so excited to hear what you think of these gluten free and dairy free trail mix cookies! If you make these, be sure to leave a rating and comment below! I also love seeing your tags on Instagram stories to see your creations!
- 1 cup sunflower butter
- 1 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dates, pits removed and chopped (about 4–5 dates)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (note: you may end up needing a second baking sheet).
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients and mix until everything is well combined. You can alternatively use a standing mixer to do this as well.
- Scoop out the dough into generous tablespoon-sized portions, leaving a little room between each cookie. Use your hands to shape the dough and slightly flatten the dough (but not too much).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies are set. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before enjoying. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days on the counter, or in the freezer after that. Note: sometimes sunflower butter turns green when baked- if this happens don’t worry! It’s natural and nothing to be worried about!