Instant Pot honey sesame chicken thighs. The most tender, flavorful, and addicting chicken thighs you will ever make! I cannot stop making this for dinner, it’s just that good!
I am so obsessed with this recipe. I can’t even express how good it is! The flavor of the sweet and slightly spicy sauce, with fall apart tender chicken thighs. YUM.
You’ll make this recipe using your Instant Pot, so it takes about 30 minutes or less, from start to finish. Quick, easy, and so good.
We like to pair ours with cauliflower rice and any other veggies we have on hand. I had some frozen peas that I mixed in, plus some leftover roasted asparagus. It’s also an amazing recipe to pair with regular rice or quinoa. SO many meal options!
It’s a perfect high protein filling meal that the whole family will love. It tastes like take out, but it’s gluten free and made with healthy ingredients 🙂 Yes please!
I honestly don’t think I am never making chicken thighs any other way than in my Instant Pot- it just cooks them SO perfectly. I will definitely be testing more recipes with it ASAP.
I truly cannot wait for you guys to make these honey sesame chicken thighs for dinner. I just know you will be obsessed!
I have not made this any other way than in the Instant Pot, but please let me know if you do! I also have not tested any ingredient substitutes, and I recommend keeping the recipe as written to get the same results as me!
I can’t wait to hear what you guys think of this one. Enjoy! xo
- 1.5 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional, for an extra kick)
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- Green onions, diced
- Sesame seeds
- In a bowl, whisk together the coconut aminos, garlic, honey, tomato paste, lime juice, sriracha, salt, and red pepper flakes (all of the sauce ingredients besides the tapioca starch) . Set aside.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Turn your Instant Pot on to sauté; once preheated add the sesame oil and sear your chicken thighs for 2 minutes per side. Turn sauté function off.
- Pour your sauce into the instant pot, gently stir everything, then lock the lid into place and set to pressure cook on HIGH for 15 minutes. When done cooking, allow steam to release naturally for 5 minutes, then turn off the Instant Pot and manually release the rest of the pressure.
- Use tongs to remove the thighs onto a plate.
- Turn Instant Pot back to the sauté function with the sauce still in the pot, then stir in the tapioca starch. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes to thicken. Pour the sauce over your chicken thighs, garnish with green onion and sesame seeds, and serve!