Your new favorite simple summer dessert: a gluten free blueberry crumble for two <3 Tastes like a warm blueberry muffin, topped with cherry ice cream and fresh peaches. I swear it is heaven in dessert form!
This mini summer crumble is so easy to make, refined sugar free, gluten free, and jam packed with summer flavors. It really doesn’t get better than this! A crumble or crisp is one of my favorite ways to use seasonal fruits- they’re simple and satisfying, and a lighter spin on dessert.
I cannot get over how good this one is. The warm and bubbly blueberries burst in your mouth and our so naturally sweet from being baked, and the crispy crumble topping is like cinnamon sugar heaven. SO good you guys!!
The crumble topping is probably the best part of this dessert (though it’s hard to choose). For the topping, all you need is:
- Almond flour
- Rolled oats
- Coconut sugar
- Maple syrup
- Cold unsalted butter
- Sea salt
It’s such a quick and easy dessert to throw together, whether you’ve got a sweet tooth during the week and some blueberries to use up, or you want a fun dessert to share on the weekend. I promise this one will not disappoint!!
This recipe would be perfect for the 4th of July, and Summer backyard BBQ’s or family parties, or for a Summer date night at home!
I’m calling this a summer crumble, because the cherry ice cream and juicy peaches that you serve on top once it’s baked really take this to the next level. All of my fave summer fruits combined into one perfect dessert 🙂
This one is perfect for sharing for 2 or 3 people. If you’re looking for one that serves a bigger group, try this peach and blueberry crisp or this apple crisp in the fall! A fresh baked crisp plus some cold and creamy ice cream is honestly the dreamiest combination. I just can’t get enough!
I am so excited for you all to try this gluten free blueberry crisp so you can see what all the hype is about. I am hooked! The warm and sweet baked blueberries with the crispy cinnamon sugar crumble topping is everything you need in a dessert and more. Trust me!
Be sure to let me know in the comments below if you give this mini Summer crumble a try :)! Tag me on your Instagram stories so I can see yours, too! Enjoy! xo
For the blueberry filling
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
For the crumble topping
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp gluten free rolled oats
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Cherry ice cream
- Fresh peaches, sliced or cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small baking dish, mix together all of the blueberry filling ingredients until arrowroot starch dissolves and blueberries are well-coated.
- In a separate bowl, add all of your crumble topping ingredients. Use your clean hands or a fork to mix everything together until butter is mixed in well and a crumble forms. Sprinkle over the top of the blueberries.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until blueberries are bubble and topping is slightly browned and crisp. Allow to cool for a little before topping with ice cream and peaches. Serve and enjoy!