Wow I am SO excited to bring you guys the vegan version of Gluten free and vegan orange cashew tofu, one of your favorite recipes, the no sugar added orange cashew chicken! I have to say…I may even like this version better!
Saucey, glazed tofu with crunchy cashews, fluffy rice, and roasted veggies. My ideal meal! It has all the flavor, with none of the sugar or added junk from regular take out. I honestly prefer this to take out any day! It tastes just as delicious, but leaves me feeling good afterwards!
I knew this was a winner when Blake continuously was requesting the vegan version of this dish. We have been making this weekly, so I knew it was time to put it together in actual recipe form. You guys are seriously going to love this!
Orange Cashew Tofu Video
This meal comes together in about 45 minutes start to finish, and you will not believe how good it is. It’s the perfect flavor and texture combo- and it’s super simple to make.
I always have the ingredients for this dish on hand. This will quickly become a staple weeknight meal for you- trust me!
ORANGE CASHEW TOFU
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp ground ginger or 1 inch piece of fresh ginger minced
- Few good cracks of black pepper
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
FOR THE TOFU:
- 14 oz extra firm tofu, pressed to remove excess liquid and cut into squares or cubes
- Sea salt
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/3 cup cashews
- rice, quinoa, or noodles
- roasted or steamed veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, etc.)
- green onion
- sesame seeds
- If serving with rice and veggies, prep those first.
- Press the tofu using a tofu press, or by wrapping in paper towels and placing between a cutting board and anything heavy (stack of books, heavy plate or pan, etc.). Allow to press for 15-20 minutes, then season with sea salt.
- Next, make the sauce by whisking all ingredients together until well combined.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat with the avocado oil. Once hot, add the tofu and sear on each side for 3-4 minutes, until crispy.
- Remove tofu from the pan and carefully drain excess oil into a small bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium low and return tofu to the pan. Stir in sauce and cashews. Allow sauce to thicken while occasionally spooning the glaze over the top of the tofu. Simmer for 5-7 minutes and serve.
More Healthy Dinner Recipes :
- Mini Gluten Free Summer Blueberry Crumble
- Dairy Free Mango Creamsicles
- Healthy Frozen Hot Fudge Banana Splits (vegan, gluten free)
- Easy Gluten Free Pizza with Zucchini, Arugula, + Burrata (no yeast!)
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter + Jelly Muffins (dairy free)