Homemade grain free paleo-friendly biscuits with a simple and lightly sweetened blueberry jam. The perfect addition to any weekend breakfast!
These gluten free biscuits are light and fluffy, perfectly soft and moist, and SO easy to make. You only need a handful of ingredients, like almond flour, butter or coconut oil, eggs, and a few other simple additions. They are quick to whip up on the weekend, and take any breakfast or brunch to the next level.
I am so excited for you guys to try this healthier biscuit recipe. I am so obsessed with how these turned out!
No mixer or special equipment required; the dough is simple to mix together by hand, and you’ll just need a cookie scoop to scoop out the dough. That’s it!
The homemade blueberry jam is, of course, totally optional. I wanted to include this in the recipe incase you didn’t have jam on hand but had some blueberries to use up. That was the case for me, and I forgot how easy it can be to make a fresh homemade jam! I lightly sweetened it with honey, and added a bit of chia seeds to help thicken it up and add some dietary fiber and healthy fats.
The jam is so delicious on the biscuits, but you can really add anything you like to them! Use them for biscuits and gravy, or make them extra big for a biscuit sandwich. A little bit of butter and honey is my other personal favorite 🙂
I think you guys are going to love these paleo biscuits just as much as I do! I cannot wait to see yours when you make them, and to hear what you think!
If you like these biscuits, then check out these other favorite recipes of mine fromt he blog:
There is just something about a homemade fluffy biscuit that makes me so happy. I am so excited for you guys to make this healthier gluten free version of classic biscuits! The best addition to your delicious breakfast spreads at home.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled*
- 2 tbsp dairy free milk of choice
For the blueberry jam
- 2 + 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- Start by making them jam if making. Mix the blueberries, water, and honey together in a small sauce pan. Heat over medium heat until blueberries are soft enough to mash with a potato masher or a large spoon.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, then stir in the chia seeds. Allow to simmer until thickened, about 15-20 minutes. Transfer to a jar or storage container.
- For the biscuits, Ppreheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Mix in the whisked eggs, butter, and milk of choice until everything is well-combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out 8-10 round biscuits. (You can make them as small or as large as you would like, just know that the bake times may vary slightly for different sized biscuits).
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, until bottoms are slightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving with desired toppings and enjoy!