Blueberry baked oatmeal with a sweet cream cheese stuffing. Doesn’t get much more heavenly than this for a quick and easy breakfast! These single serve bake oats are a new favorite for me!
Baked oats have been trending for awhile now, and there are so many fun ways to make them! I like mine with a warm and soft center (similar to the texture of actual oatmeal), with a soft cakey outside. I am so happy with the way these blueberry oats turned out! I have had them for breakfast 5 times now while I was testing them, and I’m still not sick of them 🙂
Can I skip the protein powder?
You can, but just know the vanilla protein adds a bit of sweetness (and of course protein) that you will be missing out on! The oat mixture is otherwise unsweetened, but the banana gives a sweetness as well. I think they will still be delicious without the protein, but if you are someone who likes things on the sweeter end I would add a bit of sweetener to replace it!
These baked oats are gluten free, soy free, egg free, and can be made dairy free and vegan! They are made with rolled oats, some banana and a little vanilla protein powder for some natural sweetness, wild blueberries, and your cream cheese of choice! Plus a few other super simple ingredients. These are so easy to whip up any morning for a cozy, hearty, and filling sweet breakfast.
I am so excited to you guys to make these baked oats!
If you make these, be sure to leave a rating and comment below! Tag me on Instagram as well so I can see your remakes 🙂 Enjoy!
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp milk of choice or water
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 of a ripe banana
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Frozen wild blueberries
- Optional: cinnamon sugar for topping
For the sweet cream center
- 2 tbsp cream cheese (regular or vegan)
- Dash of maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a small baking dish or oven safe bowl (about 5-6″).
- Blend all oatmeal ingredients together (besides the blueberries) into a smooth batter. Pour most of the batter into the baking dish, leaving a little behind. Fold in your blueberries.
- In a small bowl, mix together your cream cheese, vanilla extract, and a little maple syrup. Add mixture to the center of your batter, then pour the remaining batter over to cover the cream cheese. Optional: sprinkle top of oats with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before enjoying.