My “taste like take out” General Tao tofu ☺️ Ready in less than 10 minutes⚡️.
- 1 block (350g) firm tofu, cubed
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp canola oil
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup brown rice, dry
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped (or other vegetables)
- Optional: green onion & sesame seeds.
1. Mix the tofu and cornstarch together, until all surfaces of the tofu are covered.
2. In a hot pan, add the oil, then add the tofu. Fry the tofu until it is golden and remove from pan.
3. Combine all the sauce ingredients together.
4. Use the same pan and add 1 tsp of oil and 2 garlic cloves, cook 30seconds to 1minute. Stir & watch carefully to not burn the garlic.
5. Add the sauce & tofu to the pan. Cook until the sauce becomes thick (2min).
6. In serving bowls, separate the rice, the tofu, and the vegetables.