1. Keep bread in your teeth while cutting onions, it will absorb the vapors and stop you from crying.
2. An open drawer is the perfect free space for a cutting board.
3. When eggshell pieces get stuck in the yolk, use the remaining shells to fish it out.
4. Immerse fruit in ice water for 5 minutes to make them easier to peel.
5. To prevent crumbs when chopping up eggs, run the knife under cold water.
6. Use cups to make your own cupcake holders…and customize them too!
7. Old water bottles can be converted into the perfect cookie cutters — they can also shape donuts!
8. Add some water to smooth out your eggs, sunny side up.
9. Keep on the lid when making rice since the steam helps cook it.
10. Salt can bring out the sweetness of any sour fruit dish, whether it’s a grapefruit souffle or blueberry jam.
11. To check for freshness, place eggs in water. Keep the ones that sink, not the ones that float.
12. Measure ingredients by weight, not volume, when baking.
13. Never keep tomatoes or citrus fruits in the fridge as the cold depletes the flavor and aroma.
14. Coat your measuring cup with egg to prevent molasses or honey from sticking.
15. Toast your spices on low heat to enhance the flavor of their natural oils.